In this section we will introduce you to different members of the team so that you can get to know the people behind each of our areas and products.
She is the Head of Production Planning. Silvia works at our factory and she is in charge of establishing the plan to follow in the product manufacturing process.
- Define DESS® in three words
Effort, quality and teamwork.
- What do you do on your day-by-day?
I could say I'm in charge of planning the manufacturing process. My tasks include organizing the personnel, monitoring the stocks of all the abutments and scheduling what is going to be produced so that we do not run out of product.
I also dedicate part of the day to purchasing tools and raw materials needed for the production of the abutments; and, finally, all the stuff related to subcontracted processes of coating parts: TIN, DLC...
- What would you say is your biggest challenge in your job?
At my job, I face several challenges every day: to ensure that no machines are left idle, that there is no breakage of stock and that all personnel have a defined job.
- How do you decide on which machine each product is manufactured?
There are machines that are adapted for a particular type of workpiece. We'll use one machine or another according to the product we're going to manufacture.
In the factory we try to reduce the preparation time of the machines and, therefore, we group the products that have to be produced. That is, if we make a pre-milled abutment, we check the stock of all the premills so that we can manufacture the ones we need without wasting time preparing the machine.
- If you could put yourself in the shoes of a colleague from another department for a day, which would it be?
Maybe in Administration. Since I don't know exactly what they work with, I'd like to see what they do in their day-to-day life. I think it would be a challenge for me too.
- Something you would say to a person who just joined the company
I'd tell him or her to be very eager to learn, to evolve. It's very important to have attitude.
Moana is one of my favorites.
- If your life was a film genre, which one would it be?
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
When I was younger, I wanted to be a Doctor, but then I grew up and started working, I liked it and here I am now.
- Never be able to leave your country or never be able to return to it?
Definitely, never be able to leave my country. I wouldn't be able to renounce to my beloved ones.
- Imagine being mistaken for a famous artist. Who would that be?
Just a moment ago I was talking about it with my colleagues and they told me that I look like Uma Thurman or Charlize Theron, although sometimes I was told that I look like Shakira…