There are clinical situations where the long-axis of the implant results in an unfavorable location of the screw access hole. To solve this and maintain the screw retrieveability the AURUMBase® allow you to move the access hole to a more favorable location by angling the screw channel up to 25° in any direction. This is achieved using a uniquely designed screw and driver that also makes it possible to reach full recommended torque even at maximum angulation. The same screw connection and driver is used for all DESS® platforms which limits the amount of components and tools.
The design and angulation properties of the new AURUMBase® is incorporated into the official DESS® libraries for Exocad®, 3Shape® and Dental Wing® in order to optimize the design of the final coping. A unique feature of the DESS® CAD software will also reduce the exit hole up to 30% compared to other angled solutions.
Feature and Benefits:
- Component made of Titanium Grade 5 ELI and delivered with the abutment screw.
- Gold-anodized for a warmer hue in thin tissue especially in the esthetic zone
- SelectGrip® treated in the retention area for optimal bonding in both static and dynamic situations
- De-bonding tests show much better results for AURUMBase® compared to competitive products on the market and approximately the same as for the regular DESS Ti-Base. (see test download)
- 30% less exit hole area compared to competition will facilitate the design and improve esthetics.
- Same design of screw connection and driver tool for all DESS® platforms based on Torx® will limit the need for different tools and risk for mix ups.
- Available in both engaging and non-engaging versions for single tooth and bridge restorations.